Wednesday, September 22, 2010

How Things Become Confusing

I found out today that medical is no longer the overwhelming issue I thought it was. It's funny how this kind of thing happens and is actually a good study in organizational dynamics. You know, the kind of dynamics that make Dilbert so doggone funny.

The reporting instructions for MarForAf are pretty explicit that all training and medical and admin issues need to be handled before showing up for duty. There are even phrases like 'incomplete areas will result in canceled orders and return to your command.' So I've been trying to figure out how on Earth I'm going to get everything done with fewer and fewer days to do it. So today I had a good conversation with someone who knows the process and she told me not to worry. All the things I'm trying to do will get done while I'm in North Carolina at the Deployment Processing Center. It's there that the training and medical and such are finished before you actually fly overseas. Relax, she said, and enjoy the last couple of weeks with your family.

So that's what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment