Friday, April 29, 2011

Camp Lemonnier Update

This place changes so often I should give a quick update.  I was told when I got here that the camp was one big never ending construction project.  Since then, we've got a new wastewater treatment facility, which you don't care about except that there are no more threats to shut down the self serve laundry sites.  We've got a new electric grid with bigger generators, which you don't care about except that the power doesn't mysteriously shut off for no particular reason anymore.  I think I mentioned commercial internet in all the CLUs is now available and it's pretty good but not what anyone would call cheap.  30 to 45 bucks a month depending on the bandwidth you want.  The most interesting improvement that will save you time and effort (which is a big bonus in the upcoming hot months) is the new barber shop and expanded PX mini-mart down in CLUville.  The gaggle of people in my way when I go to get a haircut now should be reduced.  That's a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment