Sunday, October 17, 2010

Here We Go

The journey has now taken a huge leap forward. This morning at zero dark thirty I made my way to the airport and flew in to Jacksonville, NC. One of my bags didn't make it on the little puddle jumper that I hopped on in Atlanta so I have to go back and get it from the airport tonight. It's annoying because that bag has a couple of crucial uniform items that I could not replace by the time I got on base. If it doesn't come in tonight, I'll have to report in civvies tomorrow. Great.

Anyhow, for those of you who are Marines and may end up following this same path, let me tell you about the J-Actionville airport. When you get your rental car and drive off you will get to a T that has no street signs, no directional markers, no nothing. I figured it would be easier to find Camp Lejeune. It wasn't. (Hint: go right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment