Friday, January 28, 2011

VISA Is Not Everywhere You Want To Go

I found this out in downtown Stuttgart when I was hungry and only had enough euros to pay the parking garage.  I had to go to four different restaurants before I found one that took VISA.  Most of them take something called an EC card and I really don't want another credit card, and a foreign one at that, just for a couple of days in Germany.  Anyhow, if you end up in Stuttgart, you definitely want to go to the old Wurtemburg palace and Schlossplatz.  It has culture oozing out of every orifice.  And great shopping too.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem last month in Erding (just north of Munich). I believe the EC card is a European debit card. Keep up the good work and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My other problem was that I didn't have a lot of U.S. currency either so I couldn't go change it out at a bank.

    ReplyDelete